0 votes

Hi. This is not a question, just a note to help others.

I am using FileLocator Pro Version 8.5 - Build 2947 and Microsoft Word 2013.

I discovered that when looking for text in hyperlink fields, Word sometimes (maybe most of the time) replaces spaces and other special characters with their ASCII codes preceded with "%".

So if I have a hyperlink that includes "this phrase," I have to search for "this%20phrase" to find it.

I'm not sure the circumstances that cause Word to do this, but it's probably a good idea to try both the plain text and the ASCII codes when searching for text in hyperlinks, if your string includes spaces or other special characters.

I also didn't check other Office file formats like Excel and PowerPoint.

by (80 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

...